Let's try something slightly healthier for a change, but still delicious.
This is what you will be needing:
4 cups raspberries
5 cups apples (I used Fuji), peeled and diced
1 cup white vinegar of any kind (recommended acetic acid <5%)
2 tbsp grinded ginger
2 tbsp five-spice powder
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 cloves, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Hermetic jars (for about 2 lbs)
1. In a medium pot, mix raspberries, apples and vinegar. Remember to leave an extra cup of diced apples, we'll be using that later.
2. Turn the heat on medium-high and stir constantly, until the raspberries are dissolved (about 5 minutes).
3. Switch to low heat. Add ginger, five-spiced powder, curry powder, brown sugar, cloves and garlic.
4. Stir well, let it simmer for 10 minutes, stir again, and simmer 10 more minutes.
5. Add that last cup of apples (this is for extra consistency, we don't need a sauce) and stir.
6. Let it simmer for 30 minutes, stirring a little every 10 minutes. You'll notice how the paste thickens. And don't worry about the stench of vinegar, it's normal, so don't be tempted to add more sugar than needed.
7. We're done! Put your chutney in a well sealed jar. It's okay if it's hot, as long as you leave it to cool on a wooden surface so the heat dissipates.